Many times, people often wonder if they “should” see a doctor. Many common illnesses will improve or resolve without having to come to clinic. If you’re trying to treat things at home, look through our catalog of patient information topics for some helpful information, or if you’d prefer to come in, we are happy to see you in an appointment.
Trusted Web Resources: These are websites we feel provide accurate information that is available to the public.
- www.familydoctor.org – General Medical Knowledge from Family Physicians
- www.emedicine.com – General Medical Knowledge
- www.webmd.com – General Medical Knowledge
- www.aaaai.org – Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology website with both provider and patient information
- www.uptodate.com – Excellent website for provider and patient information (subscription required)
- www.medscape.com – News articles of various conditions and educational resources. Registration is free.http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/ – Information for patients and providers from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- www.diabetes.org – Educational materials for the management of diabetes.
Please be reminded that no educational source, no matter how trusted, will substitute for the clinical judgment of a licensed provider. We suggest you utilize these resources as an educational tool to help you with your health, and to clarify any questions or issues with your provider team.